- Proximal section (handle)
- Middle section (must never enter the pleural cavity)
- Chest tube insertion
- Distal section (enters pleural cavity)
- Exit port with rounded tip for easy and safe insertion
- Handle with ribs for better grip
- Costa stop knob
The distal section is curved so the direction of the chest tube entering the exit port has the same direction as the handle. Hereby, the chest tube direction inside the plural cavity can be determined by looking at the handle during insertion.
By holding the handle parallel to the skin surface the chest tube will be directed parallel to the lung surface ensuring safe insertion of the chest tube.